Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frogspawn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frogspawn
    Posted: July 28 2012 at 1:12pm
I have ( had ) a very healthy 3 head frogspawn that has been doing great. My question is 2 days ago I did a 2 gallon water change ( 6 gallon fluval edge ) and now one of my 3 heads is not opening. Everything else in the tank looks great. I will check water parameters tonight. I've never had any problems with the frogspawn before. Usually it's business as usual in a couple hours after a water change.
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2012 at 2:13pm

Hmm, you didnt change like lights or move the light, or put the frogspawn through more flow than normal? When adding the new water how did you add it to the tank??? If you just dumped it in to the main tank, with out matching the temp to that of the tank, and giving the frogspawn more flow, that could cause it... I would also try to stay away from doing a 30 percent water change, Do smaller one more frequently. .5 gallon would be suffice weekly.. GL hope he gets better.

This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic