Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Bristleworm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Bristleworm
    Posted: August 02 2012 at 3:04pm

I've had this guy in my cube for a while, started tiny and thrived to the 6" or so creature here.

I've never seen an entirely blue bodied bristleworm before and thought he was interesting, he's alongside a typical bristleworm here for comparison:

29G Rimless BioCube | DIY LED
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 3:14pm
You should bring that picture to the meeting tonight and ask Steven Pro about it!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 3:18pm

Heck I could bring the worm! lol He's still in his own container.

He's pretty interesting, hasn't bothered anything in the tank and likes to swallow sand, leaves a trail of clean sand behind lol

12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 3:19pm
Oh bring the worm!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 4:19pm
He'll be making an appearance! Smile
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 11:28pm
Thats very cool! to bad i am not at the meeting! never actualy seen a bristle worm in real life:P and are they bad??
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2012 at 11:44pm
This one hasn't done anything bad in my cube, he's just been doing sand cleanup mostly.
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2012 at 12:48pm
What did steven pro say about it?
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2012 at 12:57pm

Actually I didn't get a chance to show it to him, everyone was heading out the door by the time I thought about it or had a chance to talk to him personally lol.

Last night I also noticed he has a younger sibling in the cube, as far as I can tell they're the only blue ones in there with the rest being the typical coloration. The big one is still in an aerated isolation container and being fed, I'll likely just return him to the cube since he's never shown any signs of aggression towards tank mates or corals of any kind, despite being much larger than the majority of other critters in there.

12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2012 at 7:27pm

Blueregard Wormstrom has been returned to the cube, much to his apparent joy.

Like before he's out in plain sight searching for food with no real concern for hiding:

12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2012 at 7:54pm
Things like this little guy^ is one of the many reasons i love Salt Water. Ya never know what yer gonna get. Cool Picture also.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
jason10012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason10012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2012 at 8:04pm
nice to see it got all is color back after the meeting and +1 to builderofdreams I agree completely!
30 gallon nano
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2012 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by builderofdreams builderofdreams wrote:

Things like this little guy^ is one of the many reasons i love Salt Water. Ya never know what yer gonna get. Cool Picture also.

Same reason why I like a box of chocolates. =)
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2012 at 1:34am
He really did start getting his color back when he went back in though his red on his bristles is still faded, but the blue is coming back in. He went crazy bleached when he was isolated, he acted lethargic and generally unhappy looking until he went back to the cube, he was in a container with aeration, biological and chemical filtration too... just apparently preferred the actual tank.
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic