Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, I am Dave.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
fdc_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdc_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by mermaidcamille mermaidcamille wrote:

Originally posted by fdc_guy fdc_guy wrote:

So we purchased a 55 gallon reef tank with everything we need (That we know of) and just finished setting it up and placing the corals and stuff in it. The water has cleared up so we can finally see how horrid our rock placing skills are.....We have no clue how to place these things to make sure they grow properly and to make it look good. We still have 2 buckets full of rocks/coral(Maybe coral not sure though) that we have no idea what to do with....Would anyone in the Riverton area maybe want to come by and help us arrange the rocks and stuff in the tank and maybe give us some newbie tips and tricks? We usually get home monday - friday around 6pm.

Will post pictures soon.

I am just in South Jordan if you would like me to stop by sometime this week just let me know Smile

(note: I do not claim to be an expert, but I apparently know a little bit as my tank is still alive and happy)

That would be helpful, any time this week should be fine as long as its after 6pm or so as thats when my wife gets home, I get home around 630 ish. I would appreciate the advice and pointers so that we are successful, maybe wednesday - friday would work best?
fdc_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdc_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2012 at 9:24am
Went to Reefon last night to redeem a giftcard I had, we got a green bubble anemone, a cleaner shrimp and another Maroon clown to go with our existing one.

Here is a pic of the new clown in the new anemone.

The other clown has been staying away from the new clown...I am sure eventually they will become friends?

fdc_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdc_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 10:20am
Thanks to Camille we now have an awesome looking reef. It was a pleasure meeting you Camille and we really really appreciate the advice and help you provided. Here is a picture my wife took this morning of the tank. It looks soo much better than we ever could have made it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic