Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ato reservoir for 120

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
96slowbra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96slowbra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ato reservoir for 120
    Posted: September 04 2012 at 9:49am
i am gathering equipment for a 120 rimless i plan to set up in the next few months.
i currently have a 54 gallon corner tank and use a 5 gallon reservoir that i only have to fill once weekly. but on this bigger system i want a reservoir that is plumbed to my ro/di with float switch.
What do you guys recommend in size; 30, 50? i plan on using an apex and autotopoff.com float switches powered by an aqualifter.

105 rimless
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 1:16pm
I know of people that use a 55 gallon drum. they mainly do it for bigger tanks for a water change. I would say go with either a 30 or 55 gallon drum. 

How much RO water will you need in one water change for that tank? If only 30 go with a 30 so that you can use all of it and not have to be waiting for more to do a water change. 
96slowbra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96slowbra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 1:40pm
i plan on doing 15 gallon water changes monthly. so i want enough water in the drum, that my ato can still function. i would assume that i will evaporate around 2.5 gallons per day. my sump is approximately 60 gallons and should operate around 30 gallons.    so am starting to think that 30 may be better than 50....
105 rimless
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2012 at 1:52pm
Ya I would say go with a 30 over 50. The 50 sounds a little over kill. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic