Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SICK POLYS!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2012 at 1:44am
I would go with Melissa on this one.  The first thing I noticed in your photo was the Asterina starfish.  I know it attached after they were sick but in my experience, it seems they are hard to spot and can attach when the lights are out.  I have had them wipe out lots of zoas before.  If your parameters are all in check as far as Salinity, Calcium, Mag, and Alk, I would definitely get a harlequin to take care of the stars.  After I got my harlequin who did an excellent job on the Asterinas, my zoas opened up great.  I would also recommend taking some more pics even at night to see if there is anything else that might be munching...

rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 9:02pm
so my question is, will a harlequin eat my serpent star??
getting fishy??
MrViper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2012 at 6:14pm
what do you do if the zoa's are on a large piece of rock that you cannot dip or remove from the tank.  How would you treat them then
Vipers look cool at a distant, but be careful of the bite..its a killer!

Still to many cool stuff not enough money
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic