Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ben's tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ben's tank
    Posted: October 11 2012 at 9:49pm
 Well first off Hi everyone, I'm Ben.  My addiction with reef tank started about year and half ago. I had always like gold fish but couldn't seem to keep them alive. So i finally started researching online about why i couldn't keep them alive. this was how I started fish keeping i went from trying to keep gold fish( never really got any to live longer than a month), to fresh water community, to Cichlids, and within about 6 months i was setting up my first reef tank.`

This is my ten gallon nano

This is the tank that the build will be on 
 75 gallon tank

The current stock is
1 black clown
1 blue green chromis
1 fire fish pair( hopefully)

and for corals 
palys 
some zoa frags 
tiny kenya tree
and the GSP in the pic.

larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 12:01am
 I got some new fish today I'll post some pic of them tomorrow
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 10:27pm
Here are my new fish!

Orange Ocellaris

Sail fin tang, I couldn't decide between the scopas and the sailfin.  I am happy to say that i love the sail fin. 

Yellow tang
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 10:30pm
Its kind of funny, as soon as i put the new little clown in my black clown started doing the submission dance, and he is like twice the sized of the orange one.
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2012 at 9:44pm
 I am Pretty happy with my two tangs I haven't see hardly any aggression.
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2012 at 10:16pm
Wow looking good. Love the sailfin
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2012 at 10:56pm
thanks, I was really close to getting a scopas but I kind of made a split second decision and got the sailfin and i am very happy i did Smile . 
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 1:07am
your tank looks great
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 10:16am
Didnt even see this thread last week! I apologize ! tank looks great love the fish! Were did you get the sailfin!?

The 10 gallon looks really great for a small tank! Im way impressed with it! 
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2012 at 5:13pm
Thanks, you guys  for the support. The 10 gallon is my pride and joy and as for the sailfin I got it at aquatica or aquatic evolution what ever it is. I have been wanting tangs ever since i set up my little 10 now that i have them i am very happy with them they are truly beautiful fish.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic