Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Acans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing Acans
    Posted: October 12 2012 at 8:18pm
I have a colony of Acan Lords that is has been growing fast lately. Ive always kept it on the sand with the plug its on pushed down into the sand. Now, everyday Its plug has been coming out of the sand and tipping on its side. I looks like this is happening because the heads that have grown in on the bottom are expanding and that pushes it out of the sand. Could this be? And is it normal? I have several other corals on plugs and this is the only one that gets pulled out. Wondering if i should keep putting it back in the sand or just leave it alone. 
Thanks 

Jake
seamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 9:46am
are those the acans you got from me? if so it must have tons of heads right now.
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 11:35am
they are those ones, they it looks like a ball of acans with i tiny bit of a plug sticking out one side

wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 12:07pm
I run into the same prob with some of my acans. I have had it kill the heads that get Ccovered under the sand.
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 2:43pm
So should i frag it so they don't die? And how in the world do you frag an acan?
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by rize2 rize2 wrote:

So should i frag it so they don't die? And how in the world do you frag an acan?
Band saw.

It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
seamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 3:43pm
send me pics. 801 891 5130 i might have to go get me another one of those
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 3:54pm
I would just glue it to the base of your rocks.
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by seamonkey seamonkey wrote:

send me pics. 801 891 5130 i might have to go get me another one of those

Jake, once i get some pics of it i'll send em to ya
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 6:11pm
Cut the stem off the plug.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2013 at 2:18pm
I would just cut the stem off the plug, and reglue it onto a flat small piece of Live Rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic