Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unhappy SPS (New Pics Added)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Will Spencer Will Spencer wrote:

I don't know what your dosing regimen is like, but at Tuesday's meeting our speak, Aviad, from Red Sea talked about how important trace elements are.  Of course he suggested use of the Red Sea Testing and dosing line of products since he designed them, but he also said any well know brand should have a good trace element additive.  He likes his plan because it is set up so that when you add X amount of Calcium you add X/10 amount of the trace element to keep everything properly balance.

Just a thought.

Another benefit of regular water changes, in my opinion.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 7:04pm
Dosing fuel has a lot of trace elements. Also I spy a rbta close that will sting and kill your acros..
220 G SPS Display.

thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 2:57pm

Thanks Chad, It's been a while.

I have some LPSs that are close to some of my SPSs.  I have seen my SPSs got stung from time to time but it an ongoing problem with a small tank with overgrown corals.  I don't see any color differentiation in the past until recently.  That rose anemone is a wanderer; it stays in that spot for a few days now.

I'm using seachem products to dose my Alk, Cal, and Mag right now but will switch over to BRS when I'm out.  I also dose Fuel and Iodine once a week but only haft the suggested amount. 

Every other week with water changes.

Thanks

Duy

thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 12:35am
Got new bulbs today, acclimated well over an hour.  I'm hoping new bulbs will fix the issue some of my SPSs is having.  Got some pics with an iphone just before the light when out.  

Current tank shot will new bulbs and cleaned glass Big smile
 IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Thank you for the suggestions and help.

Duy
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 7:29am
You acclimated your coral to the new lights for a whole hour? Am I understanding that statement correctly? How is that even done? This is generally done over a couple weeks time. Keep a close eye on things. Watch for any signs of bleaching. Pics look great!
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

You acclimated your coral to the new lights for a whole hour? Am I understanding that statement correctly? How is that even done? This is generally done over a couple weeks time. Keep a close eye on things. Watch for any signs of bleaching. Pics look great!
Agreed: Nothing ever good is accomplished fast to theses systems. Tank looks fantastic.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by builderofdreams builderofdreams wrote:

Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

Agreed: Nothing ever good is accomplished fast to theses systems. Tank looks fantastic.

Yes, you're right. I'll slow down the acclimation process and watch for signs of bleaching.
Thank you,
Duy
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 3:13am
Was just curious as I just came across this post again. Have any updated pics? When I change lamps its a several week process.....

Edited by Akira - June 06 2013 at 3:14am
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 5:04pm
Beautiful tank Duy!

thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 12:22am
Thanks Mike.  Good to see you back.

Duy
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Akira Akira wrote:

Was just curious as I just came across this post again. Have any updated pics? When I change lamps its a several week process.....

Here you go.  Have some issues with calcium in the past month.  Things are under control now.  The SPS are much happier but still need time to color up to it potential.  

Duy

(Dec 2012)
 IMG_1140.jpg

photo 040_zps3bb8ca9c.jpg

photo 047_zps86ddbe3b.jpg

photo 043_zps2522aabb.jpg

photo 045_zpsc01c5eca.jpg

Edited by thathiep - August 20 2013 at 7:01pm
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 7:23pm
Amazing growth!!!
Call or Text (801)834-3119
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 10:51pm
Impressive Duy!
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 2:37pm
Thanks guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic