Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

redo my rock work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
willrileyiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: redo my rock work
    Posted: January 09 2013 at 6:04pm
Anyone have any advice on how i should do it when i have alot of rock to pull out as well as alot of corals.
since my 46 broke i never had the chance to do.it the way i wanted in my 90. Any and all advice will help
11 year old tomato clown named cherry

2 gal, 30 gal, 32 gal, 65 gal and 210 gal
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 7:30pm
I am probably going to get alot of people saying that this is Not the way to do it, but it was fast, easy, and worked for me!:) I took out some water and got some new water and put all my rock into buckets, then put all my corals into containers and then re put some rock back in (little by little). It helps if you put it into buckets first to get some out of the way, but leave the base rocs in the tank. Then put corals back in how you want. Also, if there are fish in, you could maybe take them out too to avoid them getting hit by a rock accidentaly. hope this helps!
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
willrileyiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 7:50pm
Thats exactly what i planned on so thank you but only problem i have alot of coral and about 9 fish
11 year old tomato clown named cherry

2 gal, 30 gal, 32 gal, 65 gal and 210 gal
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 8:04pm

I took water out of my tank, put the rocks I wanted to keep in it in there. Got another and put rocks I didn't want in another (to be sold), and put the corals in yet another and fish in another. If you're quick, you wont need agitation of the water in the buckets. If you feel you'll be a bit, add a bubbler in for the fish and a small powerhead for the corals. Be sure to take this chance to vacuum the sand as best you can in the places you haven't. This will help you get rid of a lot of potential crap and help keep phosphates, nitrates, and the potential hydrogen sulfides down in the future.

ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 9:02am
I love to float my rocks. I use 3 smaller rocks and find a slab of lace rock for the base of my rock piles.

Kind of a crue drawing but this is how I do it. it leaves almost the entire sandbed open.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic