Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First aquarium. Diving in head first.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rufessor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 1:55pm
Looks good, I am laughing at your anemone placement.  It looks great but the reason I am laughing is you must have the best trained anemone ever-  No WAY would mine stand up to that kinda treatment, putting out there where you can actually SEE it!  NOPE- back of the rock work for him!  
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -A.E.
57 Gallon RImless build in progress check the thread before if becomes boring and just full of nice pictures of colorful coral!
Inthenameofweez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Akira Akira wrote:

Just an FYI anytime you replace lamps cut your lighting down a few hours a day so everything can adjust to the par out put . Not for sure but think my 6x54w was like 6-7" off the water. Also I just bought a new fan and I love it , I got if from amazon . Just type in aquarium fan. It has 4 fans and is only 14" long X like 4" and has a bracket that will attach to glass etc up to 1/2" thick.  And what I do as I seem to move coral a lot , I glue them on small pieces of rubble rock then attach the rock so it is easily moved when needed .  Can't wait to see your next update !!!!

I realized that afterward. :( I originally decreased the hours by 3, but I'm not 100% sure that was enough. All of my zoas are slightly retracted and won't pop open like they used to. I'm thinking about doing a huge water change due to an algae bloom and slight hair also red carpet that's popping up. I think that may help everything perk up. Yes, I bought a fan to place in the hood that will run with the T5 bulbs to make sure they don't overheat again.

Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

Looking really good. Your patience will definitely be rewarded in the long run. Reviewing your fish list, I would highly advise against a Chevron Tang. Unfortunately, a 90G is no where near large enough for this particular fish. And buying with the intention of upgrading your tank or even selling the fish soon afterwards in not a responsible decision. Wait until you make that leap to the 210 or larger before purchasing such a fish. Good luck and keep the updates coming!

Patience has been really hard. I know what I want and I have everything planned out. The discipline of timing is a skill I am learning to master. LOL. Will it really be much more of an issue than my Sailfin? Or would you also recommend letting the Sailfin go to a better home? I truly do appreciate the input. If the Chevron really will be larger than my hippo and Sailfin, I will be holding off until I get into a new home...  

Originally posted by rufessor rufessor wrote:

Looks good, I am laughing at your anemone placement.  It looks great but the reason I am laughing is you must have the best trained anemone ever-  No WAY would mine stand up to that kinda treatment, putting out there where you can actually SEE it!  NOPE- back of the rock work for him!  

Hahahaha. I was fortunate enough that the previous owner kept him there somehow. I guess with good feeding and proper lights, he's happy!! I literally took the rock from Will Riley's tank and plopped him and the 2 hosting Maroon Clowns into the tank and they have been singing glory ever since.

Thank you everyone. I really do love seeing the feedback. It means to much to see that you all care enough to offer opinions and advice. Keep it coming!!!

Edited by Inthenameofweez - March 20 2013 at 2:47pm
-Clayton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 11:57am
-Clayton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 1:02am
I returned the blue hippo after 39 days of hospital care. I also redid the rocks. I now have many more caves and a really cool shelf or two. Today I added 3 new crabs, a yellow spotted sea star, and my first clam!!! I took a bunch of pictures to share. I hope you like them.

What do you think?!
-Clayton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic