Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plumbing mixing station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HPballer76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPballer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plumbing mixing station
    Posted: January 30 2013 at 5:06pm
So I am trying to get my mixing station up and going but I want to make sure my pump will work before I get it all plumbed. My tank is on the main floor and I want to put the mixing station in the basement near my water heater. Ideally I would like plumb my mixing station to my tank for easy water changes so in order to do that starting at the pump I will need to go up 7.5ft then over 15ft turn and go over another 13ft then finally up 4 more feet and into the sump of my tank. So only about 11.5ft up but how much will the horizontal runs effect it? I have an iwaki WMD-40rlxt that is rated at 1344gph and a max head height of 15.4ft that I would like to use. Would that pump be enough? If not I have a reeflo barracuda but I would prefer to not have to use such a big pump for my mixing station.

If anyone is good with plumbing and wants to stop by to take a look or help me out that would be awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic