Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bottom sticker say tempered what about back?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bottom sticker say tempered what about back?
    Posted: February 23 2013 at 6:57pm
I just got a 40 gallon bow front serial t1118119 sticker on bottom of glass says tempered but is the back glass? I need to drill tonight if it is okay? Anyone know?

Jerrick
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 7:10pm
I would say only the bottom is tempered as I've drilled the back of that same kind of tank before, if I remember correctly they only ever temper the bottom of most tanks that have any tempering at all anyway.
29G Rimless BioCube | DIY LED
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 7:27pm
Good to hear I will attempt it tonight then! Wish me luck...drilling at 8:30!
Durff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by aquablue aquablue wrote:

I would say only the bottom is tempered as I've drilled the back of that same kind of tank before, if I remember correctly they only ever temper the bottom of most tanks that have any tempering at all anyway.

+1
Could be wrong, but I don't think I have ever seen one with tempered on the back panel.

Edited by Durff - February 23 2013 at 7:35pm
james110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by aquablue aquablue wrote:

I agree with you dear. I have also the same experience several times.

custom stickers

Edited by james110 - February 26 2013 at 8:56am
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 10:42am
It went okay! Got the back drilled no problems!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic