Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATI Hanging Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATI Hanging Ideas
    Posted: March 11 2013 at 8:24am
I have a 36" ATI Sunpower 6 bulb fixture I need to hang over my tank.

It has the mounting/hanging hardware, but due to where it's situated, hanging it from the ceiling is less than ideal, and don't really want to go that route.

I've thought of building some sort of set up that mounts to the back of the stand and comes up and over the tank, that will still allow for height adjustment through the mounting wires.

I've also thoughty maybe there might be some way of mounting something to the wall behind it and having something extend out over the tank and once again, use the mounting hardware and wires for height adjustment. I did something something similar to this back when I had a 65, but that tank sat "flush" up against the wall due to being reef ready with built in overflow. My new tank is drilled in the back for return and overflow, so it sits ~5" from the wall.

I'm drawing a blank here.

Any ideas, or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo
Dale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 12:11am
I'm having the same problem with mine.
Dale
29g biocube
Ecoxotic LED mod
West Jordan

1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 10:40am
I've built two light hangers using conduit pipe, I am more than willing to help, share or explain what I did and how I did it.  If you look at my tank thread you can see one of them.  It was easy and cheap.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic