Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nano Section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dukester48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dukester48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nano Section
    Posted: April 20 2005 at 5:26pm
I just have a recomendation that you put in a nano section.., I dont know how many nano-reefer's are members but I think at least for me it would be a good reference to turn to..., there is nano-reef.com which has a pretty good forum and nice people, but it would be nice to get advice or  input from locals on how their nano's are doing.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 6:04pm

I know this was suggested before but the club didn't see enough interest in it to have a new forum.  But maybe that has changed.

I'm listening.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 7:06pm
My vote is to not have a section specific to tank size.  Different types and sizes of tanks require different filtration, water flow, lighting etc.  If there is a question, just ask it.  Many of us have nano's and would love to answer.
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 3:25am
From my point of view, the needs of algae, invertebrates and fish in a small tank are so similar to those of a tank 100 times larger, doing a separate section doesn't seem relevant.

Being one of the early revolutionary nano hobbyists(1997) to have a stand alone 10 gal reef tank in a sunny window, later expanded to a three tier reef->predatory fish->unlit sponge refugium system, I'd say it's really all the same in principle.
The principles are:
water quality and movement,
filtration type and capacity,
light spectrum and intensity,
feeding type, amount and quantity.

(later the predatory fish tank was exchanged for a fragging tank with surge circulation. )
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic