Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pink/Red setosa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rufessor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink/Red setosa
    Posted: March 24 2013 at 10:29pm
Ok... 

So I am looking for a pink setosa but have been reading in a few places throughout the web that some people say that a pink setosa is simply a red setosa that has been acclimated to/under intense or perhaps even intense actinic lighting.  Can anyone tell me about these guys, I want to get a pink setosa frag and have someone willing to cut me a piece of a red so should I get the red and make it pink with my LED's or are there really red AND pink setosa that are actually not simply the same coral under different lighting conditions (after acclimation etc).  

THANKs.
I know nothing of these corals, it will be my first setosa... just getting bored of the other growth forms and these look cool and the pink looks outstanding but most of the pics I see are pretty actinic biased so I dont know whats going on at all.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -A.E.
57 Gallon RImless build in progress check the thread before if becomes boring and just full of nice pictures of colorful coral!
Sqidstr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqidstr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 2:14pm
I have a small frag of some. Its a pinkish orange. It looks brighter than the pics ive seen on the net. (bing search) pm me if you want it
801 425 0477
120 Reef
65 Reef
90 Reef
34 Reef
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 2:37pm
The tyree red setosa was red in my tank, now its turned more pink in my LEDs... I should say pinkish...

Edited by phys - August 01 2013 at 5:22pm
rufessor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 3:45pm
PM sent-

I had a very small frag that my Conch Snail tipped over and killed !!!  DOH! 

EVERYTHING is now glued down to heavy rock!  HAHAHA... 

The snail is hilarious, so I guess good enough...  We named him Gary in honor of Sponge Bob
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -A.E.
57 Gallon RImless build in progress check the thread before if becomes boring and just full of nice pictures of colorful coral!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic