Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New guy to the hobby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrBubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New guy to the hobby
    Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:08am
Hey Everyone,

I was referred to utahreefs by my friend Dexta, who was the one who helped me get into the hobby. I have had my tank setup for almost two months now and things are going suprisingly well, and I haven't seemed to kill any fish with my impatience (yet). I have a 55 Gallon Tank and about a 20 gallon sump. I have been looking through the forums since I started and finally decided to join in. Thanks to people on the forum (Chad and Dexta particularly) I have been able to setup my little part of the ocean without going broke doing so. I have a family with a six year old son and a baby on the way. My Son loves the tank as much as I do and I think that my wife is finally starting to come around also. I am looking forward to being part of the community and hopefully start going to the meetings and getting to know everyone.

Andrew
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:15am
Welcome!
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:35am
Welcome!   My kids really enjoy the tanks too.   
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
MrBubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:44am
Yeah my son loves the fish.. He isn't allowed to watch finding nemo anymore because I think I am about at capacity lol. Now I want to start getting into corals though. So I guess I'm in it for the long haul.
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:59am
Great! When you are ready I have some starter palythoas you can have. I am in wvc often.
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 11:01am
My 8 year old has claim on "plants" that are his as well as fish that are his. It's fun.
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 2:24pm
Welcome!!:)
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic