Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

April 2013 Presidency Spotlight: jdinchak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April 2013 Presidency Spotlight: jdinchak
    Posted: April 02 2013 at 3:52pm
THE WASATCH MARINE AQUARIUM SOCIETY PRESENTS THE APRIL 2013 PRESIDENCY SPOTLIGHT ON:

Jon Dinchak  ("jdinchak")

My name is Jon Dinchak and I go by "jdinchak" on the Forum

I joined WMAS shortly after starting our first tank in July of 2009.  This is my first year on the Presidency. I love to expand my knowledge of the hobby by going to club speaking events and even traveling for large shows like Reef-a-poolza, MAX and MACNA. 

I have been married 8 years to my amazing wife Bacot, we both have a passion for saltwater and are happy to be enjoying this hobby together. 

I have two active tanks - my 180 gallon custom dream tank and my very unique 55 gallon Garden Eel tank (which I started thanks to information I got from a presentation at the first MWRF). 

My next dream tank would be an in-floor sting ray tank.

My wife and I are proud of our Garden Eel tank.

I am unique in the fact that my wife is the one who got me into the hobby, she is a very passionate aquarist. 

Favorite fish - Male Blue Jaw Trigger

I from Arizona and spent most of my life in the Phoenix area.  I have been in Salt Lake City now for 5 years. I currently live in Sandy.

My other glass box passion is my poison dart frogs, I actually now have more active dart frog tanks then fish tanks.  I have 10 total dart frogs, I just love watching them. 

I love to dive when given the chance.  I have dived California, St. Maarten, Saba, Cozumel and the Florida Keys. 

I am an avid sports fan, I love almost all sports -  baseball (Atlanta Braves) and football (Green Bay Packers) are my favorites.  Although I am a big ASU fan, when not in conflict I do cheer on the Univ of Utah.

I am a project manager in the health care industry.

Interesting fact - I got married at Disneyworld and danced with Goofy at my wedding.

Build threads -

180 g

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55187&KW=&title=jdinchak-180g-build-thread

Garden Eel

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40295&KW=&title=garden-eel-tank-updated

Dart Frogs

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50440&KW=&title=poison-dart-frog-tank

Edited by BobC63 - May 02 2013 at 9:38am
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic