Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ch3tt's Cadlights Artisan II 50 Cube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ch3tt's Cadlights Artisan II 50 Cube
    Posted: April 17 2013 at 11:35am
Well i took my RSM down about a year ago and i'm finally getting another reef tank set up. The plan for this tank is a SPS dominant tank with a minimalist aquascape. I didn't want to go super big with this tank and have always loved cube tanks. My LFS brought in some of the Cadlights Artisan Cubes and I fell in love. I love the look of them and the quality in my opinion is top notch. I love that the glass is Starfire also! Here are a few pics of the tank after i put it together! 

The tank and stand are pretty self explanatory. It does have a dursoe drain system which i'm really happy about. And it is drilled with 3 holes so its got an emergency drain which is very cool! 

Equipment list:

Stock Cadlights sump
Stock return pump
Upgraded Cadlights Skimmer
Radion LED
Vortec MP-10
8 Watt Aqua UV
Apex Controller 
Dosing Pumps
Tunze Osmolator ATO 
Ecoxotic 12" White stunner refugium light
BRS dual chamber media reactor

Edited by ch3tt - June 19 2013 at 4:24am
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 11:52am
Badass, I love it.   Where did you get it?
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 11:59am
Thanks man! I got it from Birdworld. I think he has one left. Its such an amazing deal considering that it comes with everything you need except a light. It comes with the stand, sump, return pump, skimmer (i upgraded to a bigger one), refugium light, and all the plumbing. And its Starfire glass!

Edited by ch3tt - April 17 2013 at 11:59am
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 12:08pm
Very nice! Can't wait to see the build progress.
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 12:11pm
That's awesome!
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 12:57pm
I really want this tank. Either this one or  the zero edge one that Jackie has... decisions decisions...
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by tfmreefs tfmreefs wrote:

I really want this tank. Either this one or  the zero edge one that Jackie has... decisions decisions...

Tanner you need three more jobs and about 5 less tanks before you look for a new one. lol
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 3:08pm
I just had a fishgasm

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 3:15pm
Why do new fish tanks make me all tingly?

Is it wet yet? Big smileLOL
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 3:34pm
Lol! Thanks everyone! Its not wet yet, we are getting new carpet in our house next week so i'll need to wait until that is done to fill it up. I still have a few things i need to get for it still. Mainly an Apex :)

And i'm still debating on doing dry marco rock or live figi.. 
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 3:36pm
Figi unless your going to take the 4-6 weeks to cure the Marco and use Lanthinum Chloride on it. Heard some stories on that rock. I think the BRS rock is a better dry rock option personally.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 3:37pm
Love it! Can't wait to see it up and running!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2013 at 3:48am
Well here is a quick update. Things have been super crazy lately and I haven't had a lot of time to work on the tank. However on monday i was finally able to get the tank wet! I decided to go with Tropic Eden sand and i am VERY happy with it. It is super bright white, clean, and heavy so it doesn't get blown around. Threw a small piece of live rock to get the cycle going. I still need to decide what i want to do with the aquascaping and find some nice live rock. I have an apex on its way, i'm very excited to get everything organized and installed in the stand, its a bit of a mess right now. Anyway, thats its it for now. More to come soon!

Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
reefnfeef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefnfeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2013 at 8:20am
aaaaaaaaaaaaaannd.... I'm broke
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2013 at 8:38am
Love the sand-- I wish I would have done something heavier in my tank. I'm interested to see what aquascaping you come up with. 
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2013 at 4:11pm
It's looking great so far!

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2013 at 5:19pm
awesome!

Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 11:57am
Hey,

How did this end up? I love that tank and am curious to see how its doing. I have one and had a ton of issues, that are mostly worked out, and now its my protein skimmer. Does your protein skimmer do its job?

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 12:12pm
I ended up selling it due to a move. :(
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by ch3tt ch3tt wrote:

I ended up selling it due to a move. :(

Oh dang! Thats too bad, that tank has an awesome footprint.

Thanks!

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic