Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

500g tank help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 500g tank help?
    Posted: June 02 2013 at 8:58pm
I want to buy this acrylic tank and it is a half circle. It is 44'' tall, 72"' feet wide, 38'' deep 44'' tall. When I look at this tank. What should I be looking at to make sure it was hold water down the road?
I do know maintenance will be a pain but just dont want to get a tank that will not hold water down the road.My tank right now is acrylic 225g and been holding water for about 10 years now

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 9:21pm
Make sure the acrylic has no crazing, it looks like spider webs I would say in the acrylic that's the only way I can describe it. Pay careful attention to that on the seams.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 11:57pm
Like mentioned above, check for crazing. Also check for bubbles in the glue joints, a few are fine but several in a small area can be bad. Looks like it is built pretty decent though.
Premium aquarium filtration!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 12:27am
thanks, do you guy know how thick it should be for being 44 tall?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 10:06pm
Checked out the tank and didn't like it. There was some much extra acrylic on that tank. It's was like someone was trying to used the acrylic like band aids to keep everything together. The acrylic was only like a inch think which I was worried about too for being that tall.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic