Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not so yellow watchman...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not so yellow watchman...
    Posted: September 01 2013 at 1:32pm
Why is my yellow watchman not very yellow? Other than that, he seems healthy.
When you hear hoofbeats....Think of a zebra
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 2:02pm
It sounds like you have a female. The males are yellow and the females are grayish if memory serves me correctly . . . I believe the females get quite a bit larger than the males too.

Mike

Fish Mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 2:52pm
Years ago I bought a small yellow watchman. When I got it home it turned white/gray. Very healthy fish. I had no idea at the time.
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 3:21pm
It's was small and yellow when I bought it. As time has gone by, it's lost it color. It's kind of a yellowish gray now. I loved it when he/she was brighter.
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 6:05pm
It can take awhile for it to adjust to the new surroundings. Give it time and one day it will be yellow again. I had one that was white for 3 weeks before its color returned.
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 7:28pm
It's been in the tank for about a year. I guess it being a female is a good explanation. I just didn't want it to be sick or something. I was hoping for my yellow watchman to be more... You know....yellow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic