Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coral ID

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2013 at 10:15pm
Thanks Mark. There's been a ton of that species coming in from Live Rock n Reef lately.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
znoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 8:45am
Thanks for the info Nikki and Mark.  Will have to take you up on some of your tahitian blend when I run out.
znoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 9:07am
Googled cladocora from your response and I am pretty positive it is cladocora caespitosa.  Glad I was spot feeding them every once in a great while since they are not photosynthetic.  Good to know now.
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 2:31pm
Are those rock clams alive, I dont see a byssal gland in what appears to be the spot where it should be? Do they not have them?
65g Reef
znoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2013 at 3:07pm
Their foot is part of their mouth and they attach from the same opening.  Strange compared to normal clams.  They open one end when feeding.  They are attached pretty well and would take a sharp knife to remove.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic