Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need some lighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marlowrd123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlowrd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some lighting
    Posted: November 05 2013 at 9:59pm
I have a 75 gallon 4 ft. long tank I've had about 2 years now. It has 4 sets of 65watt odyssea 2 prong lights that are about 1 and half feet long each. Im looking for some used actinic or blue replacements in these types if anyone has some they aren't using or probably won't set up again with a future tank.

I could also use a new glass top for this tank as the one I have is cracked on both sides and barely holding together. The top consists of 4 separate pieces of glass held together in the middle by plastic holding 2 sections at a time together while the front one lifts and opens up for feeding, cleaning etc. Each separate piece of glass measures "5x22" for a tank that is 4 feet long and 18 inches from front to back.

Hopefully someone has some stuff or knows where I might look besides KSL or Ebay. Let me know if you can I'll recheck back at this thread or email me at [email protected] thanks
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2013 at 10:03pm
You can get new bulbs at places like the aquarium or fish 4 u.. You don't want used bulbs.

as for the top, unless you need it to keep fish in, ditch it. More oxygen without it. If you need new ones, look at the same places as previously mentioned.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 1:49am
A screen top would be better . Holds less heat and more light will get to your tank.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 6:22am
There is a brand new glass top for your tank on ksl right now. I know you said not to tell you that but I'm a rebel. :)
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic