Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dosing schedules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dosing schedules
    Posted: November 20 2013 at 2:43am
Do you only dose alk at night after lights out or on a schedule throughout  the night and day . Also what about calcium ? I do know not to dose too close together as it can precipitate. I already dose was just looking to see if my method is correct as I read an article that left me with a few questions.
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 3:10am
I dose alk once in the morning and once at night. Calcium and mag sometime throughout the day. I tried different with worse results.
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 1:37pm
I've had my 2 part dosers setup to dose every hour, 24 hours a day, at least 30 minutes apart from each other.  However, now, my alk doser runs from lights off to lights on, then calcium is dosed while lights are on.  This has helped reduce the ph swing for me.  However, not sure it really matters.

Edited by bur01014 - November 20 2013 at 1:37pm
Jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 2:00pm
I used to dose alkalinity at night and I noticed that doing it that way there was a pretty big Alk swing. Not too bad but a little more than I liked.

I changed to dosing 6 times throughout the 24 hour period. so every 4 hours the doser comes on.

Alk stays way more consistent this way .
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 2:20pm
I dose 2x a day, and I'm about to make it more frequent. Dosing only at night just worsened the pH swings.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2013 at 11:57pm
Thanks for the info . I currently dose alk 6 times throughout the day and cal in between . I had just read an article and it raised a few questions for me. Glad to see I was already on the right track.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic