Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

adding a second clown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pgravis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding a second clown
    Posted: November 20 2013 at 2:31pm
I know ideally I would have added two at the same time, but since that wasn't able to happen is it best to let my one clown settle in or should I get a second in the tank as soon as possible?    Looking at Ocellaris
Thanks
PJ
See my house: www.eclecticvictorian.com
justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 2:39pm
I have "heard" if you take your established clown out, put them into a bucked with heater and pump for a night and introduce BOTH into the tank at the same time the next day that your chances are better they will not confront each other as much as just putting the new one in.... I will be placing another set ( 2 black and white) into an established tank with 2 hosted perc's when everything is moved  from my 55g to the 90g... Hopefully all goes well!

Edited by justchillinuno - November 20 2013 at 2:41pm
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
Shad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 3:28pm
I didn't have any problems introducing my two to each other.. They immediately started getting along and doin the dance thing....
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 10:27pm
Maroons and Tomatos can be rough on each other, but Ocellaris and Percula are the calmest fish.
Bucket overnight? That's crazy talk. Stern Smile Too much trouble.
If there are any doubts that they will get along, just do what we suggest doing for all new fish - overfeed before and after and use an acclimation container. Acclimation can be as simple as a clear plastic quart deli container that has netting/bridal veil/toule over the top, held on with an elastic. That's what I use. Leave the new fish in the container until it looks like the other fish are ignoring it, a day is typically all it takes. Also familiarize yourself with the fish training method. Feed with garlic oil per the instructions. Here is the Reefkeeping Tip where we went into more detail about adding new fish: http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34014

Aloha,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic