Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PH trouble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:11am
didn't realize it is an all in one.  The only thing I can think of is a little clamp on fan blowing across the top of the water, OR add an additional cheapo power head in there to aim at the surface to stir the water.
Aquarium Creations 300 gallon tank
Stand by Dion
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:18am
The Red Sea Kits are pretty easy to use. I'm not sure where your located but if you are near Syracuse then feel free to come over and I can show you how they work ( most work the same way with just slight differences).

You can add another powerhead to the tank that you would be able to place where ever you would like in the tank. Relying on the return nozzle of all your needs usually is not enough (even more so on an AIO).

The scrubber is pretty easy as long as you have a skimmer running. It really just comes down to some tubing, a container to hold the Soda Lime (with a bunch of holes drilled in it on the opposite end of where the tubing is attached). If there is no skimmer then it's not really an option anyway.

Hopefully we have thrown enough ideas and options at you that you can find some that will work for your specific setup. I know Mark will drill down and then give you a more direct "fix" but I just wanted to get a bunch of ways, to help with this issue, out on the table to help you understand what kinds of things effect the pH and how you can change things to help counter it. Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

I think that depends on the size of your skimmer. I added a scrubber to mine as well. My skimmer has surgical tubing (silicone type) running down to the venturi so I bought more of that and made sure that what I used was at least the same size as what the skimmer already had.

Originally posted by bmac2 bmac2 wrote:

about the tubing effect.  Tubing doesn't effect the air flow enough to change anything, not in only 2 or 3 foot of tubing, as long as it is the same size as what is on there. 

Thanks guys
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:20am
duplicate

Edited by JohnnyHeavens - January 07 2014 at 10:23am
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:21am
This is how it looks now I would appreciate some one stopping by to help me with a few things and to better understand what im doing
Blub Blub

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by -TYR- -TYR- wrote:

It is enclosed, the PH has gotten better since I've left the lid up but not great, I don't have any macro but would like some, The powerhead is built in so I cant really move it too much but I have angled it up more to get better gas exchange, and finally I have a Red Sea test kit for alk and cal but am lost on how to use it correctly and not even the youtube videos seem to make it easier for me.

Thank you all for the suggestions and help but I wont lie to me a lot of it sounded really complicated especially the scrubber I have no idea how I would incorporate that into an all in one system! but I was looking into it!

You are welcome to come get some macro alge from me. Though I recently pruned mine, I have some to spare. While you are over we can test your water. I have the same test kits so perhaps that would help.

I'm in Riverton. Text me if you'd like 8O1-seven55-eighteen99 
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:24am
Unfortunately im not able to travel far because of my injuries im not able to drive any longer but I live downtown in SLC

Edited by -TYR- - January 07 2014 at 10:25am
Blub Blub
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:26am
I'm sure we can find someone in your area that can help you out. There are plenty of members down there.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:27am
Blub Blub
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 9:02pm
I would be happy to bring some Macroalgae, sit down and talk reef in front of your tank. PM sent.

Aloha,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic