Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LakeCityReefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeCityReefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Guy
    Posted: January 07 2014 at 9:21am
Hello Guys.
New to the forum and the hobby.
I have been keeping freshwater for awhile now and just stumbled into this reef world in a weird way a few weeks ago.
Great site! I've been reading and learning every spare moment for several days now. I figured I would step out if the shadows and say hello.

Edited by LakeCityReefs - January 07 2014 at 9:22am
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 9:31am
Welcome to the site and the hobby. Hang on for a great ride :)
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 6:10pm
Welcome - lots of friends and people to help you on here

Linn
Pay it forward...
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 6:35pm
Welcome to our addiction!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 7:15pm
Welcome!

Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 7:17pm
Best place to start.  I'm glad I was pointed to this site a year ago.  Who knows if I would still have a successful tank without everyone on the forum.
LakeCityReefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeCityReefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 8:50pm
Haha, Great welcoming party! Glad to be here. I just picked up my final 20 lbs of live rock tonight. Now the tank is full and it's time to start building.
Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 8:56pm
To kick start my tank I used Dr Tims one and only.  It's live bacteria.  My tank cycled in less than 2 weeks.  Make sure to ask them for ammonia.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 9:09pm
Welcome, you will love this site and club:)

if you have live rock with the Dr. Tims one and only do you need the ammonia too?

Edited by bstuver - January 07 2014 at 9:11pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic