Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

floating mushrooms?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: floating mushrooms?
    Posted: March 13 2014 at 10:30pm
all of my mushrooms are detaching from the rocks and floating around my tank! Why and how do I fix it?
Blub Blub
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2014 at 12:41am
Sometimes they detach to move to a more favorable place. If some detach but their neighbors stay, it may be more of a reproductive action. In either case, it sometimes works to place some crushed coral or small rubble in a bowl or cup in a corner of the tank where you can put the loose Mushrooms so they won't blow away. Sometimes I place some netting over the top. If after a week or so they haven't attached to the rock, they will probably do better in a different tank.

Aloha,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2014 at 7:45am
I had some do that as well. They were in an area with too much flow and it didn't matter if I glued them down, they'd still detached and float somewhere else and then reattach. I finally gave up and let them be where they wanted to be cause I couldn't keep them in my spot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic