Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limewood airstone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limewood airstone?
    Posted: April 05 2014 at 7:17pm
I just purchased a protein skimmer for my 14 gal Biocube but it is missing the airstone hat was supposed to come with it do I have to use the lime wood type or would any 2 inch stone work for now? And if it is the only kind I can use does anyone in the downtown area have one seeing as how I cant find one at any LFS that I have access to currently.
Blub Blub
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2014 at 7:33pm
Petsmart and petco carry them. But you need to use the lime wood because it makes allot finer bubbles than an air stone
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 6:39pm
Thanks! I got a couple of air stones got it working and today I emptied the skimmer for the first time after about 2 hours of adjusting to get the bubbles perfect but EEEEEWWWWWWWW I thought I had a clean tank what came out was almost brown!
Blub Blub
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic