Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

work up at 2am to find my Rio 2500 died

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: work up at 2am to find my Rio 2500 died
    Posted: April 17 2014 at 6:02am
work up at 2am to find my Rio 2500 pump died. So I had to turn off my protein skimmer and use the pump off of their
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 7:37am
Rio powerheads are famous for stopping and then having start up problems. Try unplugging it and replugging it quickly in succession several times until it starts turning.

Otherwise check the impeller. Most of the time the impeller just needs a cleaning or it has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

Aloha Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 1:06pm
Thanks the pump buruuned out. Any suggests on a better pump
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 1:18pm
I think those are good little pumps. 

I actually have a spare one if you are looking to buy a new one. 

J

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 1:19pm
New
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 1:20pm
Yup new. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 1:21pm
How much for the new one
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 1:47pm
Ouch I hope it didn't pollute the tank with the carbon and other stuff that comes out of those when they burn up. Or was it a power cord burn? Electricity running through the water? Be sure to use AC to clean up the polluting chemicals expelled in the process and the pollution that comes from electrocution death.

Aloha Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 7:15pm
Yea I know I got shock I when pulling it out of my sump. Thank goodness everything survived. I have had tanks crash before with cheap coral. But now having expensive coral I could not imagine the loss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 8:46pm
An update I have my new pump running and protein skimmer back
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic