Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jebao Controller Cable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jebao Controller Cable
    Posted: May 04 2014 at 10:35pm
I ordered some boards made up to construct some Jebao DC pump cables. The board is an open source file created by Roberto Ramia, creater of the Reef Angel Controller.

The boards arrived in Friday (took about two weeks to get through fabrication),I soldered two up tonight for Erik Schaelling (ErikTS) and they are ready to go. He'll need to solder the +/- and data line from the Jebao pump cable and add a cable to the two pin jumber on the board then it should connect to his Apex. I'm building a couple of more for my Reef Angel. No more Jebao box, everything will be controlled by the Apex or Reef Angel. A little more coding (there is a lot available out there to run these pumps to get us started) and we should be able to do pretty much any mix of things, in any order we choose. It should make some fantastic waves. I'm hoping that I can get mine to go opposite my lights so I have a diminshed flow at night.

Couple of pictures of one of Erik's boards.Pardon the bumps around the solder joints, I still needed to clean off the flux splatter.

Top:

Bottom:

I may have a couple of extra boards available for people, but understand they are surface mounted passive components and not the easiest to solder (which is why one of the resistors is crooked).

Fat

Edited by Fatman - May 04 2014 at 11:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic