Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

75G Tank Build Reef Structure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2014 at 8:33pm
Its great to see an update. It looks really good. I see you have the sump and everything up and going. Thanks for the pics and update keep them coming.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
JBlaze31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBlaze31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 1:42pm
Here are some things I have been working on.
Rearranged Rock formation
Added a couple of new friends.

I hope you guys enjoy.  I will have more posted later.

75G open canvas
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 2:48pm
Sounds like you are really enjoying your new tank and it's coming along nicely.

I would really love to share some beautiful Caulerpa with you to make the fish feel more comfortable, give them something to nibble on and add variety to the tank. I'm bringing a tub of it to the next meeting. Hope to meet you there.

Is Garlic Oil being fed from time to time? The Blue Tang is going to need it.

Aloha Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
JBlaze31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBlaze31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 12:36am
I am feeding a seaweed that is treated with a garlic oil.  I am not sure if that is the same thing that you are referring to but, I hope so.  It was recommended to me.  And since I have a couple of fish that love to nibble on that type of stuff.  It seemed like a good purchase on my part.  Along with the different algae and things like that.
75G open canvas
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 9:33am
Thumbs Up
There is something about live algae that is very beneficial to fish, even to those fish that don't eat much of it. I liken dried seaweed/Nori to fruit leather. It's delicious in moderation but definitely not as nutritious and good for the body as fresh fruit(fresh algae or even green leafy lettuce).

As preparation for future, in case the Blue Tang does develop a case of Ich even while feeding garlic infused seaweed, be aware that not all garlic products work well in all situations. My advice regarding Ich treatment products is here, worth reading: http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71349&

Aloha,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 10:50am
Aquascaping the truly never ending battle in my head as I seem to always see something that I think would look much another way or in another place. Set it and keep your hands out of the tank (my motto). Being a bit OCD is a real struggle with reefing. I looks really good and patience is your best friend now. Keep the updates coming.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic