Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

93 rimless question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 93 rimless question
    Posted: May 24 2014 at 9:26pm
K so FINALLY got my stand and starting to get it up and goin hopefully ready by fragstock to put frags in. But question anyone have pics of a rimless and how they did the lights? Not sure I want to drill more holes in the ceiling im using two AI's so not sure if anyone has thought of a way to build say a rack or something that looks clean on it or what? Hope this makes since cuz for some reason my brain is not working tonight.
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 9:39pm
Depending on what lights you are doing my buddy is making these for Radions. They are milled from aluminum and very nice. Let me know if you want one. http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/elite-aquatics/148238-need-awesome-light-mount.html
Premium aquarium filtration!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 11:01pm
Those are nice I am doing two AI vegas not sure how with two how could place them?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 11:02pm
unless maybe longer than normal and put two on one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 11:07pm
Here is a pic for ideas kinda hate that it is corner overflow makes it harder to decide what to do

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 9:53am
My lights hang from simple white shelf brackets mounted several feet above the rimless tanks. Very unobtrusive.
White or chrome chain with "S" hooks makes for easy, frequent up and down movement. I get in the tanks often. Smile
There are very fancy nice looking shelf brackets. Also nice looking wall mounted plant hanger brackets.
I use Molly Bolts, if the wall stud isn't in the right place. If/when shelf brackets are removed the Molly Bolts can be painted over, leaving hardly a trace. (these are the ones where you insert the molly bolt through a 3/8" hole in the wallboard, turn the bolt to expand the metal on the inside then remove and replace the long bolt with the item attached)

Aloha Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 11:34am
pm sent tyler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic