Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

entire blue clove collony GONE!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: entire blue clove collony GONE!!
    Posted: June 12 2014 at 3:02am
I woke up about an hour ago and my entire colony of blue clove polyps is GONE!!! The rock is completely bare, they where down on the sand bed and nothing has touched them and they where starting to spread over to the sand I woke up and just bare rock no polyps no matt just rock!! What could have done this they were my favorite!!
Blub Blub
Docld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Docld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 8:51am
They go through stages and die back but mine have always come back. Im sure I can get you a big chunk if they don't come back
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 9:38am
If you find out what killed them, let me know I would like to try it.  On a side note.  If you would like some more I have a few frags if you would like to try them again.  
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 10:40am
Unhappy
The flesh is a pretty thin covering. If it's not just temporarily retracted, then it's kind of surprising that it lasted this long before being eaten. It could have been a hungry Bristleworm or a rock crab. When I visit I'll bring another frag. I'll help you make a trap to catch the culprit using the frag as bait. Then we can give the devourer to lsurkeys.Wink

Aloha Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 11:10am
I had this happen in my tank, but I wanted them gone.  A few weeks later small ones started popping up all over my tank, now I have patches everywhere.

Don't be surprised if they pop up everywhere and take over.  Your favorite might become the bane of you tank.  I had to put aiptasia x on some to stop them from taking over some zoanthids.  They will grow on zoanthids.
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 4:35pm
I knew they might get disastrously out of hand and left them on the sand like Mark had told me this morning after further scrutiny yes the whole rock is now just a rock no bed nothing all gone I have one stray polyp left on the sand.

Yes mark I would appreciate the help, I have seen a rather large bristle worm next to the glass under my sand the thing has to be at least 4 inches long.
Blub Blub
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic