Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks
    Posted: June 26 2014 at 3:40pm
I know this has been brought up in different ways and there are issues with implementing a rating system, but it would be nice if there was a way to 'thank' someone beside just on their post like it is set up right now. For example, if I go over to someone's house and they take the time to answer questions and go through stuff with me, or they throw in a free frag, it'd be nice to be able to give them a 'thanks' on the board. You could then see who has a lot of thanks and be able to know if they are trustworthy or reliable. There wouldn't need to be a negative feedback method, just adjust the current thanking method to be for anything rather than just on a post.
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 7:36pm
The current Thank you system is kinda of like you described. If you thank someone's post it goes to their account. If you click on a person s name it will show how many times they have been thanked.
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 12:24am
That's true, but you can only thank their post. I'd be nice to be able to thank the person. Maybe have a thank button by their name so you can thank them when it is unrelated to a post. For example, Dion had me over on a sat. and showed me his method of getting rid of aptasia. I'd like to be able to show other people how helpful he was. Same with Fatman, who helped me with me power head issue and lighting questions, and Nikki who helped (and helps) me with my fish health, and Adam who helps me when ever I ask him questions and always says hi to me at the meetings, and Corey who took two sat. To help he set up my new tank...the lists goes on and on. Their are so many people in the club that are great and have helped me in a face to face setting or in a PM rather than on a post and the current Thank system doesn't have a way that I can give them the recognition they deserve.

Edited by Hogie - July 22 2014 at 12:25am
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2014 at 11:27am
That is a good point if you want to Thank someone for something that wasnt a post its kinda... well not possible unless you go and make a thread for everyone to read which is what happens alot. 

Ill have to bring this up at the next pres. meeting and see if we can figure out with our IT guy a solution. 

J
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic