Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SUMP CRACKED/LEAKING HELP!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUMP CRACKED/LEAKING HELP!!!!!
    Posted: September 08 2014 at 6:19am
Woke up this morning to water on our floor in the livingroom! OUR SUMP IS CRACKED!!!! 

We have a 90 with 30G Sump built below and there is a severe crack in he sump! What are my options? Im staying home from work and calling in help as I cannot loose this tank!!!

Anyone that can help please call me or text me asap!!!

801-404-2474

Justin

Edited by justchillinuno - September 08 2014 at 6:54am
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 6:26am
Im assumeing you shut down the return pump. clean out the sump into a rubber maid and replace it. The tank will do fine for a few hours with power heads in it.
We had this happen a couple years ago. Fortunately we were in the room watching tv when it blew. Changed it out the next day.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 6:35am
Unfortunately I cannot remove the sump from the stand it is in without breaking it. I am going to have to break out the sump and replace it with some kinda of modular sump system as its built in the stand below our 90!!!! 

I am off work today to deal with this and due to my health will need assistance as I cannot use 1 arm at the moment to help replace this....

CASH IN HAND FOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 6:44am
Again Call or Text me ASAP if you can help or have suggestions!!!!

Thanks In Advance!!!

Justin 

801-404-2474
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 7:11am
OCD Reefs to the rescue!! Will be here within the hour! Mart P is on the way too!! Will keep updates..... Im a nervous wreck!

Edited by justchillinuno - September 08 2014 at 7:40am
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 7:12am
Awesome!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 7:14am
Drain the water int he sump down below the crack and silicone on the inside of the sump. Let that dry for at least 4 hours (don't use a super big bead of silicone) then put the water back in . That would buy you some time in trying to solve it long term. It's a bandaid to the problem and not a long term fix but it can get you by in a pinch.

With enough help you should be able to remove enough water from your tank to allow you to swing the stand away from the wall in order to get the sump out of the back of the stand in one piece and slide a new sump in from the same location before swinging it back against the wall.

Wish I was off today and I would come help. Hope you get it figured out. Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 7:27am
Thanks everyone for the advice!!!
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic