Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another "mushrooms attachment" thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another "mushrooms attachment" thread
    Posted: July 13 2005 at 2:16pm

I know many of the tricks for getting cut mushrooms to attach to rock.  The problem is I never have any luck with them.  Does anyone?

I've tried the bridal veil thing and not had much luck.  Over a period of about 3 weeks all the shrooms seem to escape and not one of about 12 ever attaches.

I've tried the cup of rubble thing and not had any better luck.

The only thing that has worked at all is to toss them in my refugium and let them do their thing on their own.  I have a success rate of about 3 in 20 this way.

Any other ideas?  I've got about 40 shrooms to cut today and don't want all of them to disappear.  I'd love to attach a bunch to a rock and have a good shroom rock to sell or trade.

I'd be very interested to hear about anyones success or failure rate and detail about how you go about it.  Where do you place them?  Tank or Fuge?  Water Flow, etc?

ClownFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 12:53pm
Small dab of superglue in combination with cup of rubble maybe?
ClownFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 12:59pm
Ive never done what you have, but in my past experience My luck was to wedge the polyp in a peice of live rock in main tank and eventually attached within a week or two with low water flow so it wont just get swept away and of course make sure none of your animals, ie hermits/fish knock it out... if you dont have rock with small holes I'm not sure what to tell ya.  Maybe like my prior post, very small dab of superglue with rock in a cup to help with limited water flow.... and when i mean limited it doesnt mean any, cause flow is good.
dnellans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnellans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 1:08pm
i always just wedge them into a nook as well and hope for the best.  sometimes the blow away and show up other places, and well, if it attaches there i guess it happy! =)

-dwn
jist2020 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jist2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 5:11am
i put the frag in a half shell out of the curent and the atach with in the week you could try that if you have a bunch of half shells lying around
larry
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 8:11am
Will, those tricks have always worked for me. Esp the rubble in a cup one.
These are happy, growing 'shrooms before you cut them, right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic