Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cold Water?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cold Water?
    Posted: December 06 2014 at 8:52pm
I was talking with someone in the club recently about cold water tanks, and how they wanted to set one up.... I swear I can't remember who it was now.  

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 8:40am
I was speaking speaking with a hobbyist here that currently has a cold water system. i'd have to do a little searching to remember who it was.

Aloha  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2014 at 5:13pm
Probably me. I really would like to have a temperate tank. So many beautiful anemones and some pretty cool small fish too.

Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2015 at 8:55am
I ran a coldwater tank based off of the pacific northwest once. I found it just as interesting as warmer reef tanks. I had a pair of red-rock crabs that spawned, and there was a large variety of anemones and barnacles I kept in the tank. Really neat stuff.
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
AcroNem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcroNem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2015 at 2:24pm
Question on that. Not a newbie but Is there a specific place to get cold water species like that? It seems like I haven't seen many for sale.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2015 at 3:58pm
Absolutely. Talk to Stu or Josh at Cold Water Marine Aquatics and get on their mailing list. They import and also do a lot of collecting themselves on the Oregon Coast.

http://www.coldwatermarineaquatics.com/

AcroNem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcroNem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2015 at 4:24pm
That's fantastic thank you! It looks really interesting.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2015 at 5:12pm
Some California and Australian collectors for cold water as well.  Also, I've done lots with Gulf Coast in Maine as a supplier (so you can even get Atlantic!).

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic