Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Benepets Coral Food

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robbrouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbrouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benepets Coral Food
    Posted: December 31 2014 at 11:10am
Anyone here tried the new dry formula of the coral food?

We got our first jar of it and so far seems like good stuff,,
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 5:15pm
I've been using it for a couple months now.
I went through a tank crash in one of my systems due to elevated levels of copper. Before I could figure it out, it was too late.
The corals I was able to save (mainly SPS in that tank) had completely lost their color. Some were brown and others were extremely pale.
Keep in mind, I figured out the copper problem about two months ago.
After using their food for a couple months, my corals are almost back to 100%. In my experience, it can take a browned out acro colony a lot longer to turn around than that.
The feeding response I get when adding the food is absolutely nuts. Some of the SPS will extend their polyps almost an inch!
I've tried almost everything on the market in the past to enhance coral color and growth. There isn't one product that I'd use again other than the Benepets. It's the only coral food that I've seen results from.
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 5:25pm
Wow to hear jared say that is amazing
robbrouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbrouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 5:38pm
I've used it for over a year.  Seems like it hard for them to keep in stock, but put up 8 oz of the dry formula and on my 75 think it'll last me a while.   
Underground_801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground_801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2014 at 8:26pm
***( HAPPY NEW YEAR )***
I want to start by saying hello to all. I never post here but I've stayed behind the scene for quite a few years. Hence the name.
I've been using this food from the beginning of the idea turned into reality ( always down for an experiment that makes sense ). I've personally watched this coral food do amazing thing from, heal corals to unbelievable color and growth. The stuff I was seeing tripped me out so much I thought "wonder if I could use it as a food source for rotifers ". So I took a gallon of rotifers and feed them with this food. It blew my mine again. I only did the one time feeding and day after day they lived multiplying into more. So I wanted to see how long they would last. The water went discolored and stinky, but they were still living. Long exciting story short, they lasted for several weeks. Anyone who knows about rotifers knows that this defies all the rules to culturing them. Can't wait until they come out with the paste for them. Also like feeding there pro biotic black worms to my LPS, NPS, & any paly
I can get to suck'em down.Example - I have a colony of reverse space monster / pink & golds that I've been targget freedin 5 specific polyps. The gold is turning banna yellow. Amazing stuff in my opinion. I recommend you buy some and see for yourself.

Thanks for listing.
Underground_801

backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 8:03am
Ivan get you some algea paste to feed your rotifers. When I was raising live rotifers it is what I used and it worked great. Pm me if you are interested and I can get you a price
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 9:24am
We started using it a week ago after our tank started crashing, lost 5 fish and all polyps were closed and unhappy, monti's pale and white....

First dose - within a half hour ALL POLYPS with the exception to those to far lost, opened and look amazing. Within 2 days I have polyp growth and monti's are gaining color again!

I stand behind this awesome coral food as it's already done amazing things to help our tank recover!

Buy it, try it, get
hooked on it!
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
robbrouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbrouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 8:20pm
Yup great stuff my only issue is they can'y keep it in stock..
Greco95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greco95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 1:44pm
I have been using the Benepets coral food for a long time. First with the liquid and now with the powder. My tank loves this food. It brings out great color and makes feeding all my corals and small animals. It just brings my whole tank to life. Love it
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2015 at 11:16pm
Can you buy their products online?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 10:22am
I am beginning to suspect that Benepets coral food may be or have something to do with NatuRose, usually found at Brine Shrimp Direct, but which always seems to be sold out. Read about it here: http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/c8/NatuRose-c64.html

This is the NatuRose website: http://www.naturose.com
I drove past the company, Cyanotech Corporation(see pic below), all the time when I lived in Hawaii. Smile It's the major facility in the same Hawaii Natural Energy Labs complex as Ocean Riders, the seahorse farm.

In my opinion, BSD is the premier source of fish and invertebrate foods. I've been using their products for over 15 years. See this thread: http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74240&PID=580692&title=flame-scallop-care#580692

Aloha,
Mark  Hug

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
boysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote boysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 1:17pm
Hey Mark the food does not have anything to do with NatuRose. We are in the beginning of production and setting up a facility to handle the demand of the food before we launch it nation wide. The food has come a long ways from the very first formula and finally I am glad to say it is finished.
Time waits on no one
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 1:46pm
Thanks for chiming in Rusty. Does it have astaxanthan in it? I found something that said there was a discussion with Benepets but couldn't find the show. Supposedly it talks about the food having bacteria/probiotics. 
Just what are the ingredients? 
A friend of mine, Allan, is giving me some of his to try and I would like to know the ingredients.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 3:24pm
How does one order some?
Electro4112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electro4112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 3:29pm
Simply go into benepets 193 West 5th Avenue #5880, Murray, UT 84107 its on there shelves.
boysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 4:30pm
It is a probiotic food and feeds more than just corals. We are finishing the labeling on it now to list the ingrediants among other things. Also we are trying to finish the website to show the information on it but it will be about 60 days before the website is done.
Time waits on no one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic