Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

40B stand build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
proskier101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proskier101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40B stand build
    Posted: January 22 2015 at 10:48am
I got bored yesterday and started building a stand for my 40B.  right now its on a coffee table and just too low to the ground..  about 18" off the ground.

First.  I wanted something sturdy and will fit a sump in the future.  I also wanted to be able to look at the tank without laying on the ground LOL

I did my reseach and decided I would build the thing to be able to hold a 300g super extra tall Big smile  basically its beefy is what Im saying.

The stand is 37" tall.  the tank surface is 36.25 x 18.25 and slides in from the back.  i wanted a moulding around it that would hide the tanks rim.

Here are the supports

back

front

Im staining an expresso color.  the trim angles are 45* cuts but dang are they hard to get lined up.  so i have a big gap i filled with putty.  we will see what it looks like after staining.

Ill be looking into doors after its all stained and the tank is set on it.  since its custom sized and i want to keep a large opening.  I may make a light weight door out of the same material the sides are covered with .

Edited by proskier101 - January 22 2015 at 10:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic