Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Website Updates for Reef Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Website Updates for Reef Tour
    Posted: July 18 2003 at 10:14am
I think it would be a good idea to update the main page to make it easy for non-members to find out about the reef tour.  The posters advertising the tour give the web address, but for someone who has never been here before it takes a bit of work to find detailed information.  I think a paragraph on the main page with a link to more details would be a good idea.
Jared Neilsen
Lehi, Utah
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 3:33pm

Yes, posters and flyers will really not go out until the first week of September.  By then, the front page will provide all that info.

Thanks for the advice.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 3:56pm
Is this what was done last year.  I mean on timing of the posters and flyers going out.
John Fletcher

20 years experience

(Tank of the Month for May 2003)Taking a little break...
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 5:05pm
Adad, why wait until the first week of September?  Just to make sure that no one cancels?  Or to add new people?  Wouldn't if make sense to put out flyers now without address then tell people to get to the website to get the addresses?
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 5:05pm

Adad = Adam

Stupid fingers can't type.

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 5:36pm
Quote: Originally posted by Marcus on 18 July 2003

Adad = Adam

Oh, I thought it was some new fancy acronym ...
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 6:38pm

Yeah last year we waited until the week of the reef tour to get flyers out.  We wanted to go full blast.  The fear was that many people would be seeing them in stores and get tired of them or not pay attention to them if we went earlier.  I guess this year, we are actually one week earlier because our anticipated go date is Sep 1st, the tour is the 13th.  The website will be active and have all info, just not flyers in stores. 

As far as advertising in each area of the valley, that will be heavily decided upon by each person running that area.  I'll have more to report on this near the end of the month.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic