Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t5 light fixture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t5 light fixture
    Posted: March 10 2015 at 5:12pm
I got this 24 inch 6 bulb t5 light fixture with built in timer and LED lunar. One ballast went out that controls 3 of the t5's. I thought I could get part numbers off the ballast and easy peasy fix the fixture. Well the light doesn't even have a brand name why would I expect to find part numbers on the ballast. so here is my question. Has anyone fixed one and where do you find the ballast that will work on 3 24 inch t5's? the ballast can't be very big because of the available space.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
faviasteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faviasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2015 at 11:10pm
A workhorse 5 would work, assuming it fits in the space.  You can check the fulham website for size specs of their ballasts.
Steve Burton

Logan, Utah
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 9:27am
Thanks, I'll check.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 9:35am
That is almost the exact size of my current one. Thanks
40 gal w/ 20 sump
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 9:50am
I've used Workhorse ballasts for ~15 years. They are absolutely awesome. The wiring with a Workhorse ballast is usually much simpler than other ballasts. Just one lead to each end of the tube. The two pins are jumpered. This also makes it easier to connect the ballast in-line, external to the light fixture, thereby reducing the heat in the fixture and over the aquarium. Lower heat leads to longer bulb life. Smile

Aloha  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 10:02am
Where's a good place to buy them?
40 gal w/ 20 sump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic