Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top off and Feeder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top off and Feeder
    Posted: April 13 2015 at 1:42pm
I currently don't have a running system, but I'm planning to get the Nuvo 40 around the end of this year. My biggest issue with having a tank last time was going out of town. Someone had to come over to feed the fish and check the water levels. 

My questions are about auto top-off systems and automatic feeders. Do you guys/gals have any systems you swear by?
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2015 at 4:32pm
Tunze ATO for me. It works great and I would buy one again.

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2015 at 4:35pm
I'm actually on another business trip in Omaha right now and I know it is doing the job. Next month I will be in Cheyenne and I'm sure it will still do great.

96slowbra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96slowbra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2015 at 4:35pm
autotopoff.com makes a kit that I used on my biocube for over a year with out any problems. I still use their float switches with my apex on my big system. But I also hear great things about Tunze.
105 rimless
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2015 at 5:46pm
I also use a Tunze on a couple of tanks. I trust it highly and it works like a champ. Everything can fail eventually though.

I turn off my system several times a day and when I turn it back on the ATO works every time.
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
colesnwbds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesnwbds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2015 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

Tunze ATO for me. It works great and I would buy one again.

Me too. Worth every penny.
"Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones."

— William Shakespeare
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic