Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jebao wp 10 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jebao wp 10 problems
    Posted: May 27 2015 at 3:18pm
So I bought a used jebao wp 10 and I used the pump for a week or so and it worked fine I took it out of the tank and stored it for backup, shortly after the one in my tank became noisy for some reason so I pluged the stored pump into my controller of the noisy pump and now the pump does not work. When I try to plug the pump into the original controller the controller turns off when I unplug the pump from the controller the controller turns back on, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or mabe there is a way to reset the pump? Thanks in advance
90 gallon mixed reef
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 3:26pm
Spin the propeller of the pump with your fingers. Sometimes salt dries inside the pump and holds the pump head from turning. This causes the controller to sense an excesssive load and shut off. Make sure it spins with your fingers and then connect it back to the controller (without power to the controller) and then plug in the power cord. Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 4:50pm
ok i will try that thanks
90 gallon mixed reef
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 5:06pm
A couple shots of vinegar in a gallon of water. I run all my pumps every six months for buildup
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic