Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank @ 105 degrees

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Erikts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 7:48am
Not sure what corrupted the firmware everything is hard wired. I was not upgrading when the firmware corrupted.

34G solana
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2015 at 8:36am
That's even worse when you don't know what happened to be able to avoid it again in the future. maybe setting someone up on your fusion that can help monitor to help detect when there is a problem? Just a thought.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2015 at 11:01pm
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!!

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

dmw913 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmw913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2015 at 4:16pm
First and foremost, so so very sorry to hear about the crash!  Keep your chin up and don't leave us.  I have frags of mushrooms and zoas for you whenever you would like them for free to help get some live happy things back in the tank.  :)  

Second, I'm confused about something - I understand the Apex failed and that is terrible, but why didn't the internal sensor on the heater shut off when it reached the temp it was set at, i.e. Set your heater and your Apex both to 78 degrees and if Apex leaves the heater on - it's only leaving power on to that outlet and the internal heater sensor should have shut it down.  So, did the Apex fail AND the heater was stuck in the "on" position so the failsafes BOTH failed or am I missing something?  

Please advise.  

Hang in there!

Denise
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2015 at 5:20pm
Answered in other thread.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic