Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need advise on hidding six line wrasse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brandonp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need advise on hidding six line wrasse
    Posted: July 14 2015 at 1:45pm
So i need some advise and probably kinda soon. Bought a little six line a over a week ago. He seemed fine picking at rocks and stuff. He was a little timid towards my clowns but still got around the tank. Then the mistake happened. I added a beautiful neon dottyback because the lfs said they are peaceful. Apparently not so true as you all probably know. Anyway after adding the dottyback the wrasse just hides and doesnt really move unless i chase him to another spot. I fed him some shrimp earlier with a dropper so i could place it, but not positive he ate. Returned the neon dottyback today for store credit so hopefully that helps but the dottyback seemed more inquisitive than aggressive. With that all being said, what do i do to help the wimpy wrasse? Don't want him to die obviously. Thanks everyone.

Edited by brandonp - July 14 2015 at 1:48pm
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2015 at 1:46pm
Difficult. Add food... that's about it.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
brandonp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2015 at 1:50pm
Would it be beneficial to seperate him for a while somehow or just give him space and feed with the dropper in his hole?

Edited by brandonp - July 14 2015 at 1:51pm
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2015 at 2:05pm
I would just watch him if you removed the dottyback hopefully he will feel more comfortable and start to come back out.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
brandonp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2015 at 2:20pm
Sweet thanks guys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic