Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 9:41pm
Fwiw I use Rubbermaid totes, and feed blood worms.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 6:32pm
Well still have no idea what's happening.. Losing my lps and all sps dead.. At a complete loss..
getting fishy??
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 7:12pm
Did you move all your old rock and sand over to the new tank? Are they new rocks and sand? The tote may be leeching, I used a Rubbermaid garbage can for ro and always has higher tds reading with it and had issues with corals. Switched to a brute can and no tds and no more issues. Have you checked ammonia, nitrate and nitrite? The die off could be caused by some of that which could also be caused by the stuff dying off. Circle of death. Check your phosphates also. What water source are you using? Did you calibrate your refractometer??
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 8:04pm
Water change
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 8:13pm
Still using that rugged tote.. Going to Badfingers to test my po4 and nitrates in a bit.. Been thinking about pulling the tote.. First time using one and never had these kind if problems before.. I have a 20 gallon or even a 55 I can fit under there. But how do I change sumps without tearing down the tank? Suggestions?
getting fishy??
willstang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willstang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 9:09pm
Test for copper
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 9:27pm
Is your starfish still alive?
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2015 at 10:20pm
He just left my house, I am sure he will post soon. His nitrate and phosphate seem fine. I am sure he will post soon.

His alk is 7.6dkh/ and cal is 550+ppm. So I am
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 1:05am
If all your parameters are good, I would have to suspect large fluctuations in either dosing, salinity, temp, etc over too long of a period of time causing continued stress on the coral and hence their death.
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2015 at 9:04am
So po4 and nitrates were all in a good range. Alk was 7.6 and calc was over 500. After talking with Badfinger I am thinking it may be my salt. I use oceanic that has a high calc content which is driving my alk down and the calc isn't really being used, softy and lps dominated tank. Thus when I dose alk or do a water change it is just swinging my lvl all over and stressing the corals. So I am going to change salts for a bit to see if I can get things in order. And buy new test kits, betting mine are dead now.
getting fishy??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic