Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SFReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stand
    Posted: January 26 2016 at 5:54pm

I am getting ready to build a stand for my aquarium but am a little worried about painting it. I don't want to wait until it warms up. Is there anyone in Utah Valley that has a warm space where I could paint it by any chance?

Thank you

phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2016 at 7:40pm
You can paint it in colder weather sometimes, just takes forever to dry. If you know someone with a garage, that should work.

Edited by phys - January 26 2016 at 7:41pm
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2016 at 9:50pm
On a warm winter day, I paint outside a little before noon on the south side of my home. Before the sun goes down it has dried most of the way and I bring it inside to continue drying. By then the smell is not so strong as when first painted. Personally, I like the smell of fresh paint. Smile

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Electro4112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electro4112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2016 at 11:22pm
Use a catalysts/hardener in your paint.

Edited by Electro4112 - January 27 2016 at 1:51am
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2016 at 2:52pm
I have painted in my garage during the winter, which works great. In the past I have also painted in the house, after everyone else has gone to bed, that way it is dry and the smell is mostly gone in the morning. Just make sure your paint isn't toxic
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic