Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI Prime Light Schedule

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI Prime Light Schedule
    Posted: February 17 2016 at 12:06pm
Just wanted to get some opinions on my light schedule, I'm seeing a little more brown algae than normal and thought maybe this could be part of the issue.

Tell me what you think and how or if you would change up this schedule.

Red and green are on the same schedule, Blue's and purple's are basically on the same schedule and bright white is on it's on schedule (that is the top light blue line)

CADLIGHTS 42 Versa, 20 Gallon Sump, ATI Dimmable 8 Bulb T5 w/SbReef Lights Sbar, Bubble Muggus Skimmer and really mad wife :)
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2016 at 12:10pm
Not sure why that picture turned out so small, But i have it starting up around 8 am ramping up to full power for 3 hours during the middle of the day and then ramping back down and turning off around midnight.

Edited by scfurse77 - February 17 2016 at 12:11pm
CADLIGHTS 42 Versa, 20 Gallon Sump, ATI Dimmable 8 Bulb T5 w/SbReef Lights Sbar, Bubble Muggus Skimmer and really mad wife :)
neurotivity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurotivity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2016 at 1:06pm
Your photoperiod seems to be a bit long in my opinion. I would only run a 12 hr cycle at max.

Maybe stagger your lighting a little as well. When I had a Prime I would ramp from full blues in the morning then add purple/UV followed by whites, red and green as I approached my peak.

If you want to be able to view your corals at night you can run the moonlight option or have your blue cutoff run a little longer at 5%
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2016 at 1:38pm
I agree with Neuro. I only had Hydras, and currently run Kessil, but my photo period only ran from around 9 am to 6 pm. Also- my max is set to 60% on white. 100% for three hours seems a bit high. I'd slowly crank it down; just as slow as you'd increase since they could be used to it.

Also- when I ran Hydra I only had my whites set to around 40% and all the other colors around 70%. Not sure how your interface/controlabolty is on those though.

I don't know if your lighting is all the way to blame so I wouldn't personally go drastic on your changes.
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2016 at 1:50pm
Sounds good, thanks guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic