Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish collection using Cyanide?
    Posted: May 15 2016 at 6:49pm
Cyanide poisoning is an ugly, unspoken part of our hobby. It often causes an apparently healthy fish to die within weeks to months after introduction to our tank. The fish was looking okay and eating just fine right up to the day before its demise.

A recent thread reminded me that years ago, my hard earned money was lost within weeks after purchasing a Naso Tang. I was certain it was Cyanide. I love living things. I love this earth. I became disturbed enough to do a video documentary, which I showed during a WMAS club meeting. Embarrassed

Time marched on. For years, I thought that collection with Cyanide had been discontinued due to the uproar in the hobby. The uproar soon died down but this article indicates that the despicable practice may continue unabated. http://www.sustainableaquatics.com/docs/Cyanide-and-the-Live-Fish-Business.pdf  

Aloha,
Mark  Hug

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic