Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gyre placement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaitForIt... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaitForIt... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gyre placement
    Posted: July 20 2016 at 8:52am
I have a 125 gallon with two Koralia 1150's and decided to add a gyre for extra variable flow.  It seems that no matter where I put it, it kicks up sand and blows stuff all over the tank.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to best placement, direction, speeds etc in order to maximize the effect of such an effective pump?
It is possible that longing for something is actually better than having it. Satisfaction is the death of desire.
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2016 at 8:58am
Have you tried flipping it vertically? So north to south versus east to west? I have a couple that run on the pulse mode in full speed with long pulses. These pumps are notorious for breaking props; they've even created a heavier duty prop to replace them with. I'd use the foam pads it came with to minimize snails crawling in.
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
WaitForIt... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaitForIt... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2016 at 12:34pm
good idea!  i'll try that tonite
It is possible that longing for something is actually better than having it. Satisfaction is the death of desire.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic